Jobs and Volunteering
Current opportunities to become part of the Hackney Playbus team
Hackney Playbus is looking for new members to join our Board of Trustees!
What you need for the role:
- A genuine interest in the provision of a welcoming and inclusive community-based service for families with babies and children under five
- A genuine interest in involving families in the design of our services so that they are accessible and appropriate to their needs
- A commitment to equity, inclusion and social justice
- A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- You don’t need any previous experience of being a trustee – we will support you and provide a full and friendly induction at a pace that suits you
- An ability to share ideas and insights according to your background and skills
- An ability to read meeting minutes and reports and to provide feedback
- Ability to work with a team, to share tasks, and to give and receive support appropriately
- We particularly welcome expertise in any of the following areas: HR, financial management, monitoring and evaluation, IT, media and communications
What you’ll love about being a Hackney Playbus Trustee:
- Belonging to a friendly, innovative team of existing Trustees who have a real commitment to the continuous improvement of Hackney Playbus services for the benefit of families
- Knowing that your time and skills help to make a difference to families who are bringing up children in challenging circumstances
- Learning about how a small charity functions and how services are developed to meet local needs
- Opportunity to develop the role according to your skills and interests
- Training and development opportunities
- Support with volunteer expenses and childcare costs so that you can attend meetings and other trustee-related activities
We value the positive impact of difference within our organisation and want our team to reflect the diverse cultures, ethnicities, languages and experiences of the families who participate in our activities. We particularly encourage applications from people from black and ethnic minority backgrounds, those who speak a language spoken by local communities in Hackney, and those with lived experience of bringing up children in challenging circumstances to help us continue the development of Hackney Playbus services to be inclusive, welcoming and relevant to the families we support.
Download the information pack here:
Trustee Enquiry Information Pack
Download the enquiry form here:
Trustee Enquiry Form
Please return completed enquiry forms to [email protected]
Volunteer Play Assistant
Hackney Playbus loves volunteers to help us out on our play sessions! The volunteer play assistant role is an opportunity to gain experience supporting families with young children on our stay and play sessions, and to have lots of fun!
If you’re interested in knowing more about volunteering with Hackney Playbus please get in contact with Jayne on [email protected] or take a look at the role description here:
Please go ahead and fill out a volunteering application form if you’d like to get involved!